Egg salad sandwiches are a classic comfort food that many of us love. They’re easy to make, satisfying, and perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. However, a great egg salad sandwich can be made even better with the right side dish pairings. In this article, we’ll explore some creative and tasty ideas for what goes good with egg salad sandwiches.
What Goes Good With Egg Salad Sandwiches?
Let’s start with a list of 5 ideas with what to serve with egg salad sandwiches provided by Taste of Home. These side dishes are great for adding variety to your meal and making it more well-rounded. Here are some of the ideas:
- Potato chips: Potato chips are a classic pairing with sandwiches of all kinds, including egg salad. The salty crunch of the chips complements the creamy texture of the egg salad.
- Pickles: Pickles are another classic sandwich side dish that goes well with egg salad. The tangy, slightly sweet flavor of the pickles is a great contrast to the richness of the egg salad.
- Fruit salad: A light and refreshing fruit salad is a great side dish for an egg salad sandwich. The sweetness of the fruit complements the savory flavor of the sandwich.
- Deviled eggs: If you’re already making egg salad, why not make deviled eggs too? This classic appetizer is a great side dish for egg salad sandwiches.
- Cheese and crackers: A simple plate of cheese and crackers is a great side dish for any sandwich, including egg salad. Choose your favorite cheese and crackers to make this dish your own.
These are just a few suggestions for foods that go well with egg salad sandwiches. Feel free to be inventive and create your own side dish combos.
Creative Twists on the Classic Egg Salad Sandwich
If you’re looking for a new take on the classic egg salad sandwich, there are plenty of ways to mix things up. Bon Appétit offers a recipe for a classic egg salad sandwich with lettuce and mayonnaise, which is a great starting point. Here are some ways to make this recipe your own:
- Add bacon: Everything’s better with bacon, right? Adding crispy bacon to your egg salad sandwich gives it a smoky, savory flavor that’s hard to resist.
- Use different bread: Instead of using traditional white bread for your sandwich, try using a different type of bread. Sourdough, whole wheat, or even a bagel can give your sandwich a different texture and flavor.
- Add unique toppings: Try adding toppings like sliced avocado, red onion, or roasted red peppers to your sandwich. These ingredients add extra flavor and nutrition to your meal.
Suggestions: What Goes Good With Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Add bacon: Yes, we’re mentioning bacon again. Adding bacon to your egg salad gives it a smoky, savory flavor that’s hard to resist.
- Add jalapeños: If you like a little heat, try adding diced jalapeños to your egg salad. This gives it a spicy kick that’s sure to wake up your taste buds.
- Add curry powder: Curry powder adds a warm, spicy flavor to your egg salad. This is one of the great options if you’re looking for something more exotic.
Recipes for Egg Salad Sandwiches with Unique Flavors
If you’re looking for even more ways to mix up your egg salad sandwich, here are some recipes to try:
- Egg salad sandwich with bacon and avocado: This recipe from Delish takes the classic egg salad sandwich and adds crispy bacon and creamy avocado for a new twist. The recipe also includes Greek yogurt and Dijon mustard for added flavor.
- Egg salad sandwich with smoked salmon: This recipe from Food Network adds smoked salmon to the classic egg salad sandwich. The salmon adds a smoky flavor that pairs well with the creamy egg salad.
- Curry egg salad sandwich: This recipe from Simply Recipes adds curry powder to the egg salad for a warm, spicy flavor. The sandwich is served on toasted bread with lettuce and tomato.
What sides go with sandwiches?
When it comes to sandwich sides, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are some popular choices for what goes good with egg salad sandwiches:
Potato chips, tortilla chips, or veggie chips are a classic side for sandwiches. They add a crunchy texture and can be found in a variety of flavors.
Sweet potato fries, tater tots, or French fries are other popular choices for sandwich sides. They add a salty and satisfying crunch.
A side salad with greens and veggies can help balance out the richness of a sandwich. Choose a dressing that complements the flavors of your sandwich.
A bowl of soup is a comforting side of a sandwich, especially on a cold day. Tomato soup and grilled cheese are a classic combo.
Fresh fruit like grapes, berries, or sliced apples is a healthy and refreshing side dish for a sandwich. They add a touch of sweetness to your meal.
Pickles are a classic side dish for what goes good with egg salad sandwiches. They add a tangy, slightly sweet flavor that compliments the savory flavors of the sandwich.
Creamy coleslaw is a classic side for barbecue sandwiches or pulled pork sandwiches. It adds a refreshing crunch and complements the smoky flavors of the sandwich.
If you’re serving a Mexican-inspired sandwich, guacamole is a great side dish. It adds a creamy texture and a touch of spice.
Cheese and crackers
A plate of cheese and crackers is a simple and satisfying side dish for a sandwich. Choose your favorite cheese and crackers to make it your own.
These are a classic side dish for barbecue sandwiches. They add a sweet and smoky flavor and are a great source of protein.
Overall, there are many options for sandwich sides depending on your taste preferences and the type of sandwich you’re serving.
In conclusion, egg salad sandwiches are a classic comfort food that can be made even better with the right side dish pairings and creative twists. Whether you’re serving potato chips, pickles, or fruit salad alongside your sandwich, there are plenty of options for making your meal more well-rounded. Adding bacon, unique toppings, or spices to your egg salad can also give it a new flavor profile. With these ideas and recipes for what goes good with egg salad sandwiches, you’ll never have a boring egg salad sandwich again.