2 pounds ground lamb 1 onion, finely diced ½ cup cilantro, plus more for garnish ¼ cup bread crumbs 1 teaspoon cumin 2 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon nutmeg ½ teaspoon cayenne ½ teaspoon cinnamon 1 teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon pepper 1 egg
1. Combine the ground a lamb, finely diced onion, fresh chopped the leaves of cilantro, bread crumbs, cumin, paprika and nutmeg, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and egg in a mixing dish.
2. Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to marinate.
3. Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes while the meat mixture marinates. Preheat your oven to grill mode. If available, place a cookie rack on top of a baking sheet or cover with aluminum foil.
4. Form an elongated sausage shape with a piece of the marinated lamb mixture around a wet bamboo skewer, pressing the mixture firmly onto the skewer. Rep with the rest of the mixture and skewers.
5. Place the kebabs on the prepared baking rack or sheet of aluminum and place them in the preheated oven beneath the grill.
6. Grill the meat skewers for 8-10 minutes on one side, or until the outside is dark brown.
7. Using tongs, carefully turn the kebabs over and grill for a further 5-8 minutes on the other side, or until cooked to a golden brown.
8. Remove the kebabs from the oven and set aside for a few minutes to rest. Serve the kabobs immediately, with more cilantro, lemon wedges, and tzatziki if desired.