Peanut butter cookies with a Hershey kiss on top are the ultimate Christmas treat and a staple of any holiday cookie plate. Yet, it is fantastic throughout the year. The cookie is a true classic that is beloved by everybody. These delicious tiny cookies are known by a variety of names, including Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies, Hershey Kiss Cookies, and Peanut Butter Blossoms.
The peanut butter cookies are rolled in sugar, making them crystallized outside and soft and chewy inside. The addition of a milk chocolate Hershey’s Kiss as soon as they freshly come out of the oven makes them irresistible.
Let’s jump right into the Peanut Butter Cookies with Hershey Kiss on Top Recipe.
Peanut Butter Cookies with Hershey Kiss on Top Recipe
This Peanut Butter Cookies with Hershey Kiss on Top Recipe is simple to prepare, and you and your loved ones will enjoy preparing them together. These cookies are incredibly soft and chewy. Unfortunately, as the Hershey’s kiss is pushed on top, they, too, develop their trademark cracks.
Let’s know the whole Peanut Butter Cookies with Hershey Kiss on Top Recipe so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 10 Mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Total: 20 mins
- 30 Cookies
- 1¾ cup (218 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar to roll the dough in
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup (100 g) light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup (128 g) no-stir creamy peanut butter¹
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 30 Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Set aside a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium mixing basin. Set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Around 2 minutes should be spent beating until the ingredients are incorporated and airy. When required, scrape the sides of the container. Add egg and vanilla. Mixing for approximately 30 seconds.
- Using the mixer on low, gradually incorporate the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Scoop out a heaping spoonful of dough and shape it into 1-inch balls. Place the cookie dough ball on a baking sheet and roll it in the excess sugar. Separate the balls by 1½ inches.
- Remove from the oven after 10 minutes, or until light golden brown, and immediately put Hershey’s kisses into the middle.
- Pushing the kiss into the cookie will crack—this shows you did it correctly! Let it cool entirely on a wire cooling rack.
How to Store Leftover Peanut Butter Cookies with Hershey Kiss on Top:
These cookies may be kept for several days at room temperature in an airtight container. If properly stored, they will last up to 2 weeks.
To freeze cookies that have already been cooked, wait until they are totally cooled so that chocolate does not melt everywhere. Once the kiss has firmed, store the cookies in an airtight box or zip lock bag with wax or parchment paper between each layer. These will keep well for one to two months. To defrost, let the container be at room temperature for an hour or two while still sealed.
Tips For Peanut Butter Cookies with Hershey Kiss on Top Recipe:
- Use conventional no-stir peanut butter rather than peanut butter with oil on top.
- If you want to use natural peanut butter, ensure that it is at room temperature and well-mixed, and anticipate a little crumblier cookie.
- You may create the cookie dough and refrigerate it for up to three days.
- Roll the dough balls with colored sugar instead of ordinary granulated sugar to add flair.
This was all about Peanut Butter Cookies with Hershey Kiss on Top Recipe. The best cookies to make on Christmas and other festivals. They can be made whenever you want after you have known their recipes of them. So make and enjoy them whenever your kids demand them & be ready to see happy faces of them eating these cookies.
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!