Spinach is a superfood that is high in vitamins and minerals and should be included in your diet on a regular basis. Spinach is a versatile food that is low in calories yet high in nutritious value. So to get its benefits, why not make great and delicious Healthy Spinach Casserole Recipes?
This Spinach Casserole is simple to prepare and ideal for sunny days! By preparing this cheesy baked casserole, you may include more vegetables in your diet without having to eat a salad. In addition, this dish cuts fat and calories by using cottage cheese and feta for cream cheese and cheddar cheese while maintaining a comparable flavor and texture.
Let’s jump right into the Healthy Spinach Casserole Recipes.
Healthy Spinach Casserole Recipes
This dish has a softer texture than other spinach casserole recipes that incorporate eggs and are often served for breakfast or brunch. However, it has the consistency and flavor of a typical creamed spinach served at a conventional restaurant.
Let’s know the Healthy Spinach Casserole Recipes so you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 20 Mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Total: 1 hour 5 mins
- 10 ounces of baby spinach
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoon romano cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté chopped onions in olive oil for about 2 minutes or until tender. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted. You may need to add the spinach in batches, a few handfuls at a time. Set aside after removing from the heat.
- In a large mixing basin, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Incorporate cottage cheese and eggs. Incorporate the butter.
- After that, stir in the spinach combination, herbs, feta, and mozzarella cheese. Just blend everything. Include the cherry tomatoes.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish that has been prepared. Finish with Romano cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until set and the surface begins to brown.
How to Store Leftover Healthy Spinach Casserole:
Refrigerate leftover spinach casserole in an airtight container for 3-4 days. But, the topping may grow mushy as it sits. To reheat, place in a small baking dish and cook in a 325°F oven until warm. If the top becomes too brown, loosely cover it with foil.
This dish should not be frozen. When thawed, the spinach mixture may turn runny.
Tips For Healthy Spinach Casserole Recipes:
- Feel free to experiment with other spice combinations or salad dressing ingredients.
- Add jalapeño peppers, red pepper flakes, or cayenne pepper to this spinach salad for extra heat. Just combine these ingredients while making the onion.
- To increase the meal’s nutritional content, add shredded artichoke hearts, broccoli, carrots, or zucchini.
- If you want to experiment with various greens, you may substitute kale for spinach in this recipe.
This was all about Healthy Spinach Casserole Recipes with Cottage Cheese. Cottage cheese and feta stand in for the higher-fat cream cheese and cheddar cheese in this meal, but the flavor and texture are virtually identical.
This Spinach Casserole is easy to cook, perfect for warm days, and may be served for lunch or dinner. This recipe will please your family!
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!